Sunday, March 4, 2012

Watercolor Critique - Facebook


I've been back on Facebook for quite a while now and noticed there wasn't a critique group for watercolorists. Lots of watercolor groups, but not a critique group. So I started one. In a couple weeks we got 200 members, many of them among the best watercolorists out there. Some are even participating! Hopefully more and more people will post work and contribute opinions, and the page will continue to generate useful discussion. With so many fantastic painters to choose from, I'm thinking of having a Guest Critique every so often  - let people submit paintings, and have a name pro choose one to critique. The page is open to all seeking serious discussion about their work. It will also be a welcome relief for people tired of other forums run by inept moderators/administration. No absurd rules, no community threads, no nonsense - just art!

Watercolor Critique Facebook Group

7 comments:

Janet Groza said...

Thank you again, Nick, for creating the Crit page. I hope it won't be too much work for you as the admin. Promise we will play nice ;) See you in Santa Clara, CA in the Fall. I'm the new Co-Director for SCVWS and CWA Workshop Committee. (*.*)

Annaquarel.les said...

Where are the thumbs up to tick?
Great idea Nick. Got a feeling of 'déjà vu' when I saw the photo ;-)

Nick said...

Janet - the idea is zero administration. I saw one potential problem, but it self-corrected. :) So I'll see you again, that will be fun!

Anna - hope you don't mind I used that screenshot! It's a great painting, btw. I'm not really participating on the page, for reasons I explained there. I just wanted to get it started and see if there was an interest...evidently there is. Thank you for being part of it!

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea, Thank you!
Nice to read some points of view from some advanced thinkers and painters.

Nick said...

thanks Carrie, there are now over 350 members, and I've just stared the first Guest Critique with Mark Mehaffey. Hope to see you participate there!

Anonymous said...

Still waiting????????

Anonymous said...

lol Jen Olguin, what are you waiting for?