This year started off with a bang exhibiting here at Strathmore Mansion, and I'll be showing new work in Shanghai, Narbonne (Fr), Estaimbourg (Bel), and more biennials with NAWA (first in Colombia). I return to China to judge the Shanghai Zhujiajiao International Watercolour Biennial again, the biggest and best watercolor exhibition in the world. I'll be in Nanjing, China in October for the opening of the 3rd Invitational Exhibition of Contemporary International Watermedia Masters. I'm also judging the San Diego Watercolor Society annual, a major international show; the Florida Watercolor Society annual, another major; and the Utah Watercolor Society and Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society annuals. Each of those includes a workshop, demos/lectures, and in the FWS convention, I'll be playing a concert. In addition, I'm the senior judge again for the PTA Reflections program art competition, with 166,000 entries, the largest art contest in the country. Several more workshops and Photoshop seminars are pending and will be added to the schedule in coming weeks, as well as events for DaVinci Paint, Escoda Artist Brushes, and another sponsor to be announced soon. . Check the workshop page of the Nicholas Simmons website for updates
Exhibition - North American Watercolor Artists
- Strathmore Mansion
- Bethesda, Maryland. January 8 - February 4.
2-day workshop - Plaza Art
- Rockville, Maryland. February 4-5.
2-day workshop - Newton Watercolor Societ
y / New Art Center
- Newtonville, Massachusetts. March 24-25.
Contact: Kristi Woodworth
4-day workshop - Waterloo Watercolor Group of Austin
- Austin, Texas. April 2- 5. Demonstration April 1.
Contact: Nancy Charbeneau
Lecture/demonstration - Waterloo Watercolor Group of Austin
- Austin, Texas. April 1.
Photography For Artists Seminar - Baltimore Watercolor Society
- Ellicott City, Maryland. April 21.
Contact: Diane Gibson
Judge - PTA Reflections "Diversity Means..." Visual Arts Program
5-day workshop - Utah Watercolor Society
- Salt Lake City, Utah. April 30-May 4. Demonstration May 1.
Contact: Joyce Baron
Judge - Utah Watercolor Society 2012 Annual Open Juried Exhibition
. April 2012.
Judge - Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society Spring Show
. March 2012
4-day workshop - Niagara Frontier Watercolor Society
- Buffalo, New York. May 14-17. Demonstration May 17.
Contact: Carol Case Siracuse
Lecture/demonstration - Burchfield Penney Art Center
- Buffalo, New York. May 17.
Judge - 2nd Shanghai Zhujiajiao International Watercolor Biennial
. June 2012.
5-day workshop - Manoir de Maison Blanche
- Dordogne, France. June 18-22.
Contact: Manoir de Maison Blanche
+33 553 56 90 55
3-day workshop - Idyllwild Arts
- Idyllwild, California. July16 -18. Lecture July 18.
Contact: Idyllwild Summer Program
951- 659-2171 x 2365
Lecture - Parks Gallery, Idyllwild Arts
- July 16.
Exhibition - Parks Gallery, Idyllwild Arts
- July 16-20.
4-day workshop - Acadia Workshop Center
- Mount Desert Island, Maine. July 30-August 2.
Contact: Gail Ribas
Exhibition - International Watercolour Biennial - Belgium 2012
. Estaimbourg, Belgium. August 11 - September 2.
4-day workshop - San Diego Watercolor Society
- San Diego, California. August 13-16.
Contact: Alice Kayuha
Lecture/demonstration - San Diego Watercolor Society
- San Diego, California. August 14.
Judge - Florida Watercolor Society Annual Exhibition
. August 2012.
4-day workshop - Florida Watercolor Society
- Orlando, Florida. September 10 -14.
Contact: Jane Collin
Lecture-demonstration - Florida Watercolor Society
- Orlando, Florida. September 13.
Concert - Florida Watercolor Society Gala
- Orlando, Florida. September 15.
Judge - San Diego Watercolor Society International Exhibition
. October 2012.
Exhibition - Biennale d'Aquarelle de Narbonne
- Narbonne, France. October 3 - 28.
Exhibition - 2nd Shanghai Zhujijiao International Watercolour Biennial
- Shanghai, China. September 29 - November 10.
Exhibition - 3rd Invitational Exhibition of Contemporary International Watermedia Masters - Nanjing, China. October 20-26.
3-day workshop - Amelia Island Artists Workshop
- Fernandina Beach, Florida. October 26-28.
Contact: Mikolean Longacre
4-day workshop - Greentree Studio
- Lawrenceburg, Indiana. November 2 - November 5.
Contact: Sandy Maudlin
3-day workshop - Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society Workshops
- San Jose, California. November 12 -14. Demonstration November 11.
Contact: Jeanne de Campos-Rousseau