Monday, November 24, 2008

Featured Artist - watercolorpainting.com

If you Google "watercolor" the first thing to come up (after Wikipedia, of course) is Greg Conley's watercolorpainting.com, a large website devoted to all kinds of watercolor-related info, tutorials, demos, product reviews, etc. and one of the largest collection of art links I've seen. The site generously features recognized artists on the homepage. Greg is a fine painter and musician, and has expended a lot of time and effort in creating this valuable resource for artists.

He recently invited me to be the site's Featured Artist for the next couple of months. Thank you, Greg!

Click here and then scroll down to see the Featured Artist section.

8 comments:

Lori Barton said...

WooT WooT Nick :) Well Deserved. I love his tip on his page also, it is "priceless" lol

Clive said...

Congratulations and great site of Conley's. Had never heard of it; always look up watercolour not watercolor, as well, I live in a cul-de-sac.

David Burge said...

He's on the money!

Greg Conley said...

Aw shucks. No, no. Thank you.

Nick said...

Thanks for posting Lori, Clive, Dake.
Greg, I'm very proud to be featured on watercolorpainting.com, and I look forward to meeting you one of these days. Акварели товарищ!

William K. Moore said...

Hey that's a beaut of an article. I like what was mentioned about mistakes ruining a painting. I would also include impatience, ignorance, bad luck, frustration, rage, knives, axes, fire, fists, teeth, and running out of purple. Way to go Nick.. the word is getting out to the people!

wayne said...

That's a great article by Greg and it's appropriate too IMO that he chose such an outstanding and worthy aquamedia artist as yourself to be featured on the watercolor.com. homepage! What's more, he's chosen to focus on a person who's generous and kind towards others. Since I am now decidely 'getting a bit older' than I was in my nineties, I mean the nineties, I can say that the latter quality ("kind towards others") is something I increasingly esteem and laud wherever I find it. And i find it in you.
cheers,
~W

Nick said...

Bill - did you ever ruin a good one - I mean a finished, complete, ready-for-the-gallery piece of quality work....on purpose?? I have a few times. Why? Just for the hell/thrill of it. Try it - a visit to the dark side is always instructive and fortifying!

Wayne - And just in case you two haven't met - Greg, this is the guy I've been calling The World's Most Dangerous Man With A Brush the past few years. Proceed with caution!!!